Now that you have booked your appointment for our Notary Service and made the payment online / In-Office, we will check our schedule and either confirm your appointment via email or ask you to pick a different time and date. Please note that our schedule changes day today because of the different services we offer and the unpredictable nature of our local traffic patterns. We promise to do the best we can to accommodate your needs.
Because of our limited staff and the challenges we face day to day, once your booking is confirmed, the time is blocked and our service availability becomes limited. If you wish to cancel the service, you will need to do it for at least 24 Hrs. prior to booking. Otherwise, the fee is non-refundable.
How To Prepare For Service
Our service is time-sensitive, your appointment delays can cause others to be late; so we ask that you follow some of these tips and suggestions to get ready. We strive to be on time all the time, your cooperation is appreciated:
- Get the signer’s IDs ready to be validated.
- Review the documents ahead of time. If you have questions, direct them to your attorney as our Notary agents will not be able to answer any legal questions.
- If You need witnesses, make sure to arrange for them to be present and present their IDs. Often, they must have no financial interest in the document.
- The signer MUST be cognizant and aware of what she or he is signing.
- If You applied For Apostille Service, please complete the Apostille Application.
- Follow Our Covid-19 & CDC Protocols.
- Pay online whenever you can to expedite the process.
- Massachusetts – Requires an attorney admitted to the state bar to be present or involved in the closing of real property transactions. A Notary who is employed by a lender may notarize a document in conjunction with the closing of his or her employer’s real estate loans.
- If You need us to print your documents, call us first to make an arrangement at (978)851-0199